Impossible is nothing

So, I'm working on a project for a certain company at work, and I thought it would be fun to make a branded cake for the team to celebrate the last day we'd all be together at work before today's snowstorm/the holidays. And I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the result!



It was a red velvet cake with buttercream frosting and fondant logo. And it went *fast* at work. All I had to do was stand in the hallway with the remaining 6 slices of cake after my team had some, and all of a sudden it was gone!

Oh and by the way ... the performance and style logos are next!

I really do need to find some smaller cutting implements. My gum paste tools aren't quite sharp enough for the precision that this required ... so I opted for a small paring knife. A little bit scary. As soon as the holiday shopping madness calms down - I'm going to have to go in search of some new cutting implements!

Working from home today, waiting for the snow. I have a cake and cupcakes to make for a 1st birthday party this weekend; what better way to spend a snowy night than to make fondant duck cupcake toppers? :)

No comments: