Software Engineer by day, Baker by night

My name is Kristen, and I have always loved to cook.

I remember being in kitchen with my dad at a young age, trying to learn as much as possible, and hoping that I would be the recipient of the much coveted "chef's sample" - a sliver of smoked chicken, a big spoonful of tomato or bbq sauce, the first taste of grilled veggies fresh off the grill.

So while I definitely have an appreciation for meat smoking / tomato sauce making / etc, my main love is baking. Most recently, cakes!

I try to eat gluten-free as much as possible, though I have a tough time resisting nibbling on cake tops, particularly when trying a new recipe. Admittedly, this happens quite often in my kitchen.

A few interesting facts about me:
  • I'm a former bodybuilder (yep, I competed 3 times!), but my latest addiction is flying trapeze lessons TSNY Boston.
  • I usually have approximately 5 dozen eggs in my fridge.
  • Most days, I could eat sushi for every meal. I'm trying to learn to like sea urchin - but it's looking like it might be a while before I can actually say that I "like" it.

No comments: