After working hard to finish up a cake, it can be tempting to just snap a few quick photos of your work and call it a day. However - photos DO tell a thousand (or more) words, and it's smart and satisfying to be able to capture your hard work in beautiful, enticing photographs. The amazing Helene Dujardin of Tartelette recently came out with her first book - Plate to Pixel. This wonderful book is packed full of advice and tricks of the trade on food styling and photography, which is accessible for even the beginning photographer. This is truly one of of my favorite new books!
How would you like to win a copy, to help you in your pursuit of gorgeous, enticing photos?
All you have to do to enter is:
- Follow my blog (just click that Follow button to the right!)
- Leave a comment on this post, with a link to a blog that has photographs that you admire.
This giveaway is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. (and the District of Columbia).
Description from amazon.com: Tips and techniques for making food look good—before it tastes good!
Food photography is on the rise, with the millions of food bloggers around the word as well as foodies who document their meals or small business owners who are interested in cutting costs by styling and photographing their own menu items, and this book should serve as your first course in food photography. Discover how the food stylist exercises unique techniques to make the food look attractive in the finished product. You’ll get a taste of the visual know-how that is required to translate the perceptions of taste, aroma, and appeal into a stunning, lavish finished photograph.
- Takes you through the art and techniques of appetizing food photography for everyone from foodies to food bloggers to small business owners looking to photograph their food themselves
- Whets your appetite with delicious advice on food styling, lighting, arrangement, and more
- Author is a successful food blogger who has become a well-known resource for fellow bloggers who are struggling with capturing appetizing images of their creations