These One Fish, Two Fish cupcake toppers were really fun and easy to make, and today I'm going to show you how! These toppers are two sided; meaning that there are scallop punches on both sides of the stick. I think the toppers look more finished this way (guests at your party won't be able to see the glue that holds them together), and if you want to get really fancy, you could put your printed images on both sides. I made 2.25" toppers, but you can adjust the size as you like. Miniature toppers on mini cupcakes would be awfully cute!
If you are designing the images yourself for your circles, make sure you make the circles slightly smaller than your circle punch. You may want to do a few test prints to ensure the images look the way you want them to, before you print up the whole batch.
DIY Cupcake Toppers
- 2" circle paper punch
- 2.25" scallop paper punch
- Craft glue
- Glue stick
- Lollipop sticks or coffee stirrers
- Printed circles (I suggest printing on heavyweight, high quality paper)
- Cardstock / scrapbook paper, that coordinates with your printed circles
- Punch out your printed circles using the circle punch.
- Punch out cardstock/scrapbook paper using scallop punch; you'll need two times the number of printed circles that you have.
- Using a glue stick, glue circles onto scallop punches. Let dry.
- Place a small amount of craft glue onto one end of a lollipop stick or coffee stirrer, and glue to the back of each topper. Ensure that the toppers are oriented the way you'd like before placing flat to dry.
- Glue another scallop punch to the other side of the lollipop stick/coffee stirrer. Make sure that the scallop punches are lined up the way you like. Place flat to dry.
- Bake up some cupcakes, and decorate with your cupcake toppers (take a look at my cupcake decorating tutorial for some inspiration). Now, it's time to party!