One Fish, Two Fish Cupcakes

A few weeks ago, I created these adorable One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish themed cupcakes for Bekki's baby shower.  Seems like just yesterday that I was making Bekki & Matt's wedding cake!  Guests enjoyed chocolate or vanilla cupcakes, both topped with vanilla buttercream.  And how cute are the paper toppers! Check out my Cupcake Topper Tutorial to learn how to make your own.

I'm also happy to announce that Bekki & Matt welcomed their daughter Mia into the world, just last week!  Congratulations!!!





6 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

Love that idea - and love the bright icing
Sarah

Kristen said...

Thanks so much, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Did you make the cupcake toppers or but them somewhere? Im planning on doing this theme for my sister-in-laws baby shower! I was inspired by cute "one fish two fish" invitations I found.

Kristen said...

Hi Anonymous -

I made these toppers myself - you can check out my tutorial here: http://decoratethis.blogspot.com/2013/03/cupcake-topper-tutorial.html. I love this theme for a baby shower (the "new fish", in particular, is too cute)!

Anonymous said...

Cute cupcakes. loved the colors of the frosting.
is it just food coloring added to the vanilla butter cream frosting or is the frosting flavored?

Kristen said...

Hi Anonymous! Thank you! :) The buttercream is my standard vanilla swiss meringue buttercream, and is colored with gel food coloring. I prefer using gel coloring over liquid coloring - you'd need far more liquid to achieve the same color as gel, and therefore, it may change the consistency of your buttercream.